Half-Past February Sharp
Lifetime Learning shares more Valentine’s poetry with “Half-Past February Sharp” by Stephen Cushman, Robert C. Taylor Professor of English in the College and Graduate School of Arts & Sciences at the University of Virginia. Mr. Cushman was a Cavaliers’ Distinguished Teaching Professor, 2014-2016 and a recipient of the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia Outstanding Faculty Award, 2015.
Please share your reflections on Valentine’s Day below. More poetry coming!
HALF-PAST FEBRUARY SHARP
Eros to the Greeks,
The Romans called him Cupid,
Whose bull’s-eye brings spring.
- How Rosalynn Carter Avoided First Lady Pitfalls
- Stroke of the Pen or Slam of the Gavel? Presidents versus the Supreme Court on Presidential Power
- A Dire Future for Federal Environmental Protections Before The U.S. Supreme Court
- UVA Clubs: Behind the Scenes - Studio Tour and Creative Practice Talk
- Destinations & Discovery: Appomattox: The End of the Civil War?
- UVA Club of Fairfield/Westchester: Kids in Crisis Holiday Clothing Drive