Remembering Sandra Day O’Connor
Barbara A. Perry is Gerald L. Baliles Professor in Presidential Studies and Co-Chair of the Presidential Oral History Program at the University of Virginia’s Miller Center. She served as a Supreme Court Fellow in 1994-95 and is co-author, with Henry J. Abraham, of Freedom and the Court: Civil Rights and Liberties in the United States.
In memory of Sandra Day O’Connor, Lifetime Learning shares Barbara Perry’s personal photos of the Supreme Court’s exhibit on Sandra Day O'Connor. Also included is a group photo of the Supreme Court Institute with teachers that Perry taught. They are gathered around Justice O’Connor at a Supreme Court reception in the 1990s. View the full article written by Barbara Perry, published by the Miller Center on Friday, December 1, 2023, as she recalls Sandra Day O’Connor.
Photos by Barbara Perry, in partnership with the Miller Center.
- What Makes Abraham Lincoln So Remarkable?
- Long-Term Love for Your Heart
- The Freedman’s Bank and the Racial Wealth Gap in America
- Hope in the Fight Against Blood Cancers
- UVA Clubs: "Through the Lens" with Ashleigh Wade
- UVA Club of Richmond: Men's Basketball Game Watches