As autumn grows darker and November brings its chill, Lifetime Learning is pleased to share the creative talents of UVA faculty poets. Lisa Russ Spaar is Professor and Director of Creative Writing and Director, Area Program in Poetry Writing in the Department of English in the College and Graduate School of Arts & Sciences at the University of Virginia.
on the landing, a lifted-
harness cling, humic fissure,
dread, that this scribble of
will not allay.
In my last dream, I saved my
children. Woke. Wept hard,
arms strapped, crossing guard,
to chest. I was mother, then, not citizen.
Why would I fall to sleep again?
(c) Lisa Russ Spaar
- What Makes Abraham Lincoln So Remarkable?
- Long-Term Love for Your Heart
- The Freedman’s Bank and the Racial Wealth Gap in America
- Hope in the Fight Against Blood Cancers
- UVA Clubs: "Through the Lens" with Ashleigh Wade
- UVA Club of Richmond: Men's Basketball Game Watches